Places to Stay
1) Fisherman's Haven (417) 271-3599 Golden, Missouri (Just down the road from Dees' Dream)
2) Lazy Eagle Resort (417) 271-3390 Eagle Rock, Missouri
3) Roaring River Inn (417) 847-2330 Cassville, Missouri
4) Roaring River Resort (417) 847-3235 Cassville, Missouri
5) Viney Creek Campground (417) 271-3860 Golden, Missouri (Across the lake from Dees'
6) Mike's Hideaway Roaring River Campground (417-271-4215) Eagle Rock, Missouri
Agenda (pretty much the same each year)
1) Meet at Dees' Dream 7 am (Golden)
2) Meet at Tom's Place 8 am (Green Forest)
3) Follow Lin to her Rock Pickin' Place (Jasper)
4) Lunch at Jasper Cafe (optional)
5) Meet at Dees' Dream 5 pm to visit, share, nibble, and paint rocks
1) Meet at Dees' Dream 8 am to paint, share, eat, and just have fun all day.
2) Lunch around noon compliments of T.Joe and Me (Wandra Ann)
When preparing to attend a Rock Party at Dees Dream-
1) Send $10 fee for each rock painter to Dees Dream, 22325 W Mockingbird
Drive, Golden, Missouri 65658.
2) Send $5 fee for those who plan to come on Saturday, but not paint.
3) Bring paints and brushes well marked. I usually end up with some one's
favorite brush. Don't worry if you do not have paints or brushes. We have
4) Bring snacks (finger foods) and soft drinks or water to nibble on, sip, and
share. We will have lunch provided for Saturday lunch.
5) If you have painted rocks, bring them to show and tell. If you don't have the
rocks anymore, bring your photos to show.
6) If you cannot find us, call us. (417) 271-4281. We will have signs up in the
Eagle Rock/Golden area....sometimes even as far as Seligman, Missouri.
8) There are maps on the 2006 Rock Party Web site.
Rock Pickin' Tips (for when we go on Friday morning of the Rock Party)
1) Wear comfortable Shoes for walking on rocks.
2) Bring water, energy snacks, etc. to stay well hydrated. (It could be hot)
3) Bring a small bucket or basket to tote your rocks.
4) Bring a chair so you can take a break if needed.
5) We will only spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hours pickin' rocks.
6) Bring a camera if you want to get some pictures of the awesome landscape.